Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Olive Garden Salad Dressing

Definitely try this one!!  I count it as a health food, because it has been making me want to eat more salad.  I don't even always like italian dressing, but this is really delicious.  


You can go look here to find a link to the recipe I used to make this via The Country Cook, but I'll put it on my page too in case you're lazy like me and don't want to go looking for it    :)

INGREDIENTS:
~ 1 pkt Good Seasonings Italian Dressing
~ 1/4 c vinegar
~ 3 T water
~ 1/2 c olive oil

~ 1/2 t dry Italian Seasoning
~ 1/2 t salt
~ 1/4 t black pepper (I used a little extra, cause I like pepper and it has antioxidants in it, and I like the idea of something fighting free radicals in my body!!)
~ 1/2 t sugar
~ 1/4 t garlic powder
~ 1/2 T mayo
~ 1/4 c olive oil
~ 2 T white vinegar
~ 1 1/2 T water

First, mix up the first set of (four) ingredients, according to the package directions.  Then add everything else and SHAKE IT UP!!!  It's as easy as that.

You could also use a bowl and whisk it together if you prefer or if you don't have a big old bottle to shake it up in.  You know those great big cups you get after having a baby at the hospital??  That's what I use whenever I make salad dressing because it has a pour spout with a lid and then I don't have to do any extra dishes.  It has made for an awkward moment or two when we've had company over for dinner and we're all pouring junk out of a "Salt Lake Regional Medical Center" mug, but when you're with us you're going to have to take it or leave it sometimes!




P.S.  I realize this salad looks boring and lame...but that's how we do it in this house unless we're trying to impress somebody.  Okay, so really we usually do it without the olives and sometimes without the cucumbers or cheese (yep, basically just lettuce).

No comments:

Post a Comment