Friday, January 20, 2012

Fit Friday: Week 2


Image via hellobrit.com

WEEK 2 UPDATE:

--Begin with a 5 minute warmup walk, then run 90 seconds, walk 2 minutes, for a total of 20 minutes.

Monday, January 9--1.76 miles--181 calories
Wednesday, January 11--1.8 miles--184.3 calories
Friday, January 13--1/85 miles--188.8 calories

Okay, I had a breakthrough!!  On Friday I was really tired after my run, but I didn't feel like dying!!!  I sat down for a minute and then I felt so good I started playing Dance Central, and let me tell you, if dancing could kill I would have had a room of dead bodies (I'm really glad that it can't, though, because it was just me and the baby in the room...).  I felt so good all day!!  Even during the run I felt better than I had the previous week.  

Scott and I also started this five minute plank challenge earlier this month.  If you don't know what a plank is (no, not this kind of planking...), look at the first picture at the beginning of this post.  So, you start just doing a ten-second plank, then every day you add ten more seconds until you're at five minutes.  Easy, peasy.  We got a late start, so we figured we could just start at one minute and then add ten seconds every day, and we would still be done by the end of January.  Aghhhhhhh I'm dying.  About 30 seconds into my plank I would rather be this guy:

image via plankinglol.com

But we're sticking it out.  We've missed a few of days (the first night we just plain forgot and then the next night we were out late), so we'll see if we can get to five minutes before February.

1 comment:

  1. I plank for 30 seconds/rest 30 and repeat 4 times...that is painful so I can't imagine going for 5 minutes straight! You go gurl!

    ReplyDelete