Saturday, November 12, 2011

Save My Pants!! Phase 4: Taking in the Waist Band

The first few posts about saving my pants were Turning Flares into SkinniesRepairing a tear at the ankle, and Making the Pockets Stay Tucked.  Now for the final step--taking in the waistband!

This part was the trickiest, but this tutorial (found via....Pinterest!....shocking) is the one I used, and it makes it sooo simple!  I'm not even going to try to do a better job.  Just go there and follow the instructions.  I'm not going to lie, it wasn't a piece of cake, but with the tutorial I really think anyone could do it.

So....the end result....





Pros:
The waistband fits perfectly.
The pockets will never come out again mwa-ha-ha-ha.

Cons:
They look like mom jeans..........

I'm not loving these now any more than I was before...I really think the main problem is that these jeans were already so old and worn.  Also, I can't pull off skinny jeans.  They always look the best on skinny mini girls.  Third, I don't think these pants could handle all of the changes I made (or maybe I couldn't handle all the changes the pants needed?).

My recommendation--don't do all of these things to one pair of pants!!  If it's just one thing to fix I think it will turn out looking a lot better.  I would still recommend practicing all of these things with a pair of pants you wouldn't be heartbroken to lose just in case.  


Good luck if you try to tackle any of these fixes.  I would love to see how you do, and if you have any tips I would love to hear them!

EDIT:  I just today found a new way of taking in the waistband that is 1) requires no measuring, 2) is waaay less time consuming, and is 3) such a better idea all around.  No, I have not tried it yet, but I'm 100% positive it's better than what I tried!

Go to this blog to see how it's done.

2 comments:

  1. when we go shopping I will help you find a pair of skinny jeans :) They look good on everyone if you find the right pair...i get mine from Forever 21 for like $11....skinnies are basically the only jeans I wear...I will help a sista find the perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Please. I need some serious help.

    ReplyDelete