Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cinnamon Roll Pie Crust

I found this pie crust on pinterest and knew I had to use it for an apple pie this year for Thanksgiving!  This was really easy and fun to make!  



I just used a Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, buttered it, and generously sprinkled cinnamon all over it.  I rolled it up, cut it into small, mini-cinni-rolls, and squished them into the pie dish.  I used the ends without much cinnamon to fill in some of the cracks where the dish was showing through.

I forgot to get a picture after the pie came out of the oven (and it didn't last long), but here's the recipe of my mom's that I used, anyway.

Apple Crumb Pie
5-7 apples (5 cups of sliced apples)
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp flour
1 9-inch unbaked pie shell

Arrange apples in unbaked shell.  Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour and sprinkle over the apples.

Topping
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter

Mix the sugar and flour, cut in the butter, and sprinkle over everything already in the pie.  Tap it down a little, if needed.

Bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees or until done.  Cool.

This is the easiest pie ever, and the crust made it even better!!  My mom usually uses tapioca instead of flour in the first mixture, and I actually like that a lot better, but I don't know how she does it!!  Next time, gadget.

No comments:

Post a Comment