Sunday, November 20, 2011

Twiggy "Vase"

I've been big into decorating lately....or at least trying.  The house we're living in is kind of overwhelming to me as far as decorating goes.  We've lived here about a year and a half and I haven't really decorated at all because we weren't supposed to be here for very long.  We're still here, and I'm starting to think that I should try to make this a little homier for us.

This little project I've seen a lot on Pinterest.  I saw this first:


A super cute candle holder.  I really like this idea because you can see the flames through the twigs, and it seems so perfect for fall.  

Then I saw this one: 


And I knew I had to make it.  Immediately.  

I used an old cho mein noodles can, covered it in black paper, cut the twigs to size (a little bit random, but all roughly the same height), and hot glued them on.  Easiest, cheapest fall decoration ever.  


I filled it with some rocks I had been using as a filler in a vase (you could easily use rice or beans or something else) and threw in some fake flowers I had.    


I love that you could put whatever you want in these.  I love the look of the one above that is completely full of twigs and fall leaves and a little sunflower.  I'll probably run outside and cut some more twigs to put in mine to fill it up some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment