Thursday, November 10, 2011

Save My Pants!! Phase 2: Repairing Tears at the Ankles.

This is phase 2 of saving my pants!  The first phase was Turning Flares into Skinnies.

This...


...happens to every single pair of my pants.  It's because one of my legs is shorter than the other.  Seriously.  Like, an inch or more.  When I first told my husband when we were dating he just laughed at me and wouldn't believe me, but I used to wear a lift in my shoe and everything!

Now that my old jeans are new skinny jeans, this problem was a lot more noticeable, so I decided to try to fix it.

All I had to do is turn the jeans inside out, pinch together that rip up the leg, and sew it together.  If you have to do something similar, make sure you taper the seam so you don't get this:



Nice little peak in my pants...ughhhhh.

If you get this problem too, just turn your pants inside out and try again, tapering a little bit more.  It's really an easy problem to fix.

If it's frayed a lot, make sure you go over it a lot.  I don't know if you can tell in the picture below, but I sewed down this line at least 5 or 6 times to make sure it will stay fixed.


Now, my pants look like this!


There's still a little extra wear on the left leg, but it's hardly noticeable now that the tear is fixed.  And you really, honestly, cannot tell there's a seam there at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment