Friday, November 4, 2011

Pins to Projects

Today is the beginning of something.  Something awesome?  Yes!  Something inspiring?  I hope so.  Something fun?  It better be.  This is where I am going to turn my pins into projects.  I'm really excited about this, because I need somewhere to document this crafty woman I'm turning into.  There was a time when I didn't sew, paint, glue, decorate, or craft at all.  Then I got pregnant with this sweet guy...

...and that all changed.  I turned into a mom.  I had to make everything for him.  I made burp cloths, a boppy, a blanket sleeper, more burp cloths, a glider for the nursery (just covered that one, didn't actually MAKE it), decorations for his room, and probably some other things that I've long forgotten about by now.  If I had to buy it I thought it would show the world that I wasn't prepared to do this "mom" thing.  Ha.  Silly me.  I didn't make half the things I wanted to for him, and then he was here!  And I realized you're never really "prepared" to do the mom thing...It just happens to you and you have to learn.  Every.  Day.

So that's how I started on this craft train, and I haven't gotten off.  I love it.  It's so fulfilling to have something to do that is just mine, and that that something doubles as making our house a home--even better.

Now, why the name?  Because I have become addicted to Pinterest.  Seriously.  I have a problem, and aside from going to a 12-steps meeting this is the only way I know how to deal with it.  I am going to start doing instead of just pinning.  Oh, I'm sure I'll still pin, but hopefully I'll be productive along the way, and instead of being a time-waster it will be inspiring me to hone my skills as a crafter.

Maybe this blog will only be for me.  And if it is, it will be so worth it.  On a hike, I'm that person that looks behind her every few feet to see how far she's come, and that's exactly how I am in life too.  I need constant reminders that I'm better than I was yesterday; that's what gives me hope that tomorrow I'll be better than I am today.

Maybe, hopefully, I'll be able to inspire some others to get up and start doing something.  Whether you pin or not, I hope you can do the things you want to do, instead of just making more lists of things for someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment